An emotional support animal (ESA) is a person’s accompanying pet animal that provides restorative assistance in improving or justifying signs of mental or psychiatric disability of the person. Emotional Support Animal (ESA) means any domesticanimal, generally a dog or a cat that is also able to fly ‘Cage Free’without any additional charge with the person whom the pet provides emotional support.ESAs are mental support systemto those people who are diagnosed with anycertain emotionaldisability that limits one or more daily life activities. But to keep an ESA does not need any special training as ESA’s are pets.
People who are with mental disorder included in DMV-IV are able togetemotional support animal prescriptionto stay with them all the time and to support them emotionally. Those mental disorders included in DMV-IV are ––
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Social Phobia
- Other psychological disorder including Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
ESA doctors helps people with mental disorders including anxiety, chronic stress, depression, etc. to hook up with a certified mental health expert for an emotional support animal prescription. This prescription helpsthe person to get registered with the ESA and achieve access to residences even with ‘No Pet Policy’ and also to airplanes for the emotional support animal.ESA doctors helpto get the approval by directing an online survey that finds out if an ESA would be helpfulin treating a person with anxiety, depression, etc. as an emotional support. Each survey is assessed by a mental health expert and is summarized with an opt-in call to the individual in need. Gettingthat emotional support animal recommendation letter ESA doctors are great helps.
Important ESA Letter Issue
Here are few most important issues about emotional support animal recommendation for getting easy access to housing or air travel.
- ESA must be prescribed by anaccredited mental health expert including a Psychiatrist, Psychologist, or a Psychotherapist.
- ESA does not have to be registered since they are not trained to execute anypreciseduty. They are just a companion.
- ESA documentation must have a qualified DSM IV or V provisions.
- ESAs cannot be taken in public places excluding airports and hotels, and a residence.
- ESAs do not need recognition tags or vests as they do not do any precise task.